Empowering qualified amputee candidates with a financial grant focused on athletics, education and the arts is our unique function to the amputee community. The fund is designed to allow amputees to customize their grant request based on the interests and goals of the beneficiary.
There are hundreds of programs and ideas around the country that would qualify for consideration. Our primary function is to be a resource tool that will provide a building-block for character and identity development as an amputee leader. Some of our past grants include book publishing to competitive amputee athletic event subsidies. We encourage our grantees to think broadly when applying for a grant.
- You are an amputee or have a limb absence from birth.
- You currently reside in the United States and have a prosthetic if needed (accepting international grants for future reference).
- You are medically cleared to participate in the sport or activity chosen.
- You are unable to participate without some amount of financial support.
Supplemental requirements: (submitted with snail mail or online application)
- Picture of applicant to be used for foundation materials
- 500 to 1000 word statement of purpose
- Recommendation letter from medical professional (prosthetist, physician, nurse)
- Recommendation letter from a formal relationship (educator, supervisor, coach)
Time & money:
- Application must be submitted at a minimum of 90 days prior.
- Grants must be used within 12 months from the award date.
- Grant may be dispersed in segments.
- Confirmations must be received before releasing funds.
- All payments will be made directly to the service provider.
If you rather apply by mail, please print and fill out the following application. Thanks! PlayFoundation-Grant-Application-Form